What are the limitations on who can be a Director?
A person is disqualified from being a director if that person is:
- under 18 years of age;
- found by a court to be incapable of managing the individual's own affairs;
- an undischarged bankrupt, or;
- convicted of an offence in connection with the promotion, formation or management of a corporation or other business, or of an offence involving fraud, unless:
- the court orders otherwise;
- a pardon was granted; or
- 5 years have elapsed since the last to occur of:
- the expiration of the period set for suspension of the passing of sentence without a sentence having been passed;
- the imposition of a fine;
- the conclusion of the term of any imprisonment; or
- the conclusion of the term of any probation imposed.